AURELIUS UK Newsletter December 2016
We are pleased to update you on Aurelius’ most recent news and developments which include our investment activities, financial results and continued progress in our UK business. The key highlights of H2 2016 include new acquisitions, successful exits and a robust deal pipeline.
News and developments in the UK
Continued progress in H2 with the announcement of two new acquisitions, which follow the four acquisitions in H1 (Colt Managed Cloud, Abelan North, Calumet International and Working Links):
- Announcement of a binding offer to acquire the European business activities of the US-based Office Depot Inc. Office Depot Europe, which operates in 14 countries across the UK and Europe and has approximately 6,500 employees and revenues of c.€2b. The transaction remains subject to the approval of the relevant anti-trust authorities and further closing conditions. » Read Announcement
- Acquisition of The Hospital Group, a provider of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures based in Birmingham, that generates revenues of £30m. There is significant potential for synergies between The Hospital Group and Transform Group, which was acquired by Aurelius in 2015. » Read Announcement
- Disposal of Evolve Polymers to Plastipak Packaging Inc. » Read Announcement
Furthermore, we are very pleased with the continued growth of the Aurelius team in the UK following the appointment of a number of new joiners.
News and developments at Aurelius Group
- Positive outlook from Aurelius CEO Dr Dirk Markus: " We carried out two additional company disposals in the current fourth quarter and anticipate more corporate transactions in the coming months…We also see great potential in the pending acquisition of Office Depot Europe” » Read Announcement
- Q3 results for 2016 reported consolidated revenues of €2,148m (+49% y-o-y) with EBITDA of €122m, net cash of €362m and Net Asset Value of €1,353m.
- Disposal of residual stake in Berentzen Group to institutional and private investors. The sale of Group entities fidelis HR, Tavex, and the Berentzen Group generated more than €90m proceeds for Aurelius in the nine-month period of 2016. » Read Announcement
- Disposal of Getronics-IDS to the strategic investor SEP. Aurelius had acquired Individual Desktop Solutions GmbH (IDS), an independent service provider for flexible onsite desktop services and solutions, in 2014 from T-Systems. » Read Announcement