AURELIUS UK Newsletter July 2016
We are pleased to update you on Aurelius’ most recent news and developments which include new investment activities, updated financial results and momentum in our UK business. The key highlights of H1 2016 include new acquisitions, successful exits and a strong pipeline into H2.
News and developments in the UK
Strong start to 2016 with the completion of four new acquisitions (Colt Managed Cloud, Abelan North, Calumet International and Working Links):
- Completion of the acquisition of Colt Group S.A.’s Managed Cloud business, a leading pan-European provider of cloud and managed hosting services, that generates revenues of c.€77m. » Read Announcement
- Acquisition of the North European activities of the Abelan Group, consisting of a paper mill and a solid board packaging plant, that generate revenues of c£40m. » Read Announcement
- Acquisition of Calumet International, comprising the pan-European multi-channel photography retailer Calumet Photographic and professional lighting producer Bowens Lighting, that generates revenues of £85m. » Read Announcement
- Acquisition of Working Links, a leading provider of welfare and rehabilitation services, that generates revenues of £125m. » Read Announcement
Corporate carve-out survey findings shared with the market and media channels in April. » Read Survey Findings
Continued growth of the Aurelius UK operational team following the appointment of a number of new joiners.
News and developments at Aurelius Group
- Positive outlook from Aurelius CEO Dr Dirk Markus: "The start in the 2016 fiscal year exceeded our expectations…The second quarter is also off to a promising start with an additional partial exit from our listed subsidiary Berentzen Group AG... With a view to the current project pipeline, we expect intensive acquisition activities in the current fiscal year 2016 as well as the sale of additional Group subsidiaries.” » Read Announcement
- Q1 results for 2016 reported consolidated revenues of €686m (+58% y-o-y) with EBITDA of €101m and Net Asset Value of €1,282m. » Read Announcement
- Record dividend of €2.45 per share (total cost €76.4 million) proposed in June to be paid out of the distributable profits of Aurelius
- Aurelius Group to be renamed Aurelius Equity Opportunities to differentiate the business model, in particular in the UK and international markets.
- Disposal of Tavex Europe to a Spanish consortium of investors. Tavex Europe is headquartered in Spain and develops, produces and distributes denim fabric for major fashion brands in Europe. The company was acquired in early 2015 from Brazilian Grupo Tavex and generated a 9x return upon exit. » Read Announcement
- Disposal of fidelis HR to SD Worx, a Belgium-based provider of HR services in Europe, for a 40x return. Aurelius acquired fidelis HR in 2013 from Fujitsu Group. At closing fidelis HR had 630 employees at 13 locations in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, generating €55m in revenues and a double-digit EBITDA margins. » Read Announcement