AURELIUS European Corporate Carve-Out Survey 2022 results
Many thanks to all those who participated in this year’s corporate carve out survey, which canvassed the opinions of AURELIUS’ network of European and UK advisory and corporate contacts, on expectations for divestment activity in the European market in 2022. This year’s survey has made for particularly interesting reading as we consider the effects of the war in Ukraine.
We were pleased to provide a summary of the findings here:
The level of non-core European and UK businesses divesting in 2022 may increase relative to 2021.
- 80% of the respondents believed that the number of European and UK corporates looking to sell non-core European and UK businesses in 2022 will increase YoY.
- Merely 2% of respondents perceived that the number of non-European corporates wanting to sell non-core European and UK businesses will decrease in 2022.
- 51.2% of the respondents agree that ‘Brexit will increase the level of divestments of non-core UK businesses in 2021.'
The need to refocus on core operations will be a major driver for non-core European and UK businesses divesting in 2022.
- Over 75% of the respondents perceived the need to refocus on core operations will drive European and UK corporates to sell non-core businesses in 2022.
ESG and technology will be an important focus for firms looking to buy non-core European and UK businesses in 2022.
- 75% of the respondents agree or strongly agreed that ‘The Covid-19 pandemic has proven the long-term value and resilience of tech-enabled businesses.'
- About 85% of the respondents agreed or strongly agreed that 'ESG will have a greater impact on transaction valuations in 2022.'
A more detailed breakdown and analysis of the findings can he viewed on our website here:
View Breakdown & Analysis
Many thanks again to all those who took part.